Palliative Care Queensland's mission is to aim to ensure that every person who dies in Queensland experiences quality at the end of life.
Our Mission: "Quality care at the end of life for all."
To influence, foster and promote quality of care for all.
PCQ's principal roles:
- To improve awareness and understanding of palliative care in the general community;
- To influence the development of public policy in relation to death, dying and end of life;
- To support the professionals and volunteers who provide palliative care;
- To provide health professional education;
- To develop and distribute palliative care educational resources;
- To provide information, support and advocacy to people affected by terminal illnesses, and
- To provide support and professional representation to Palliative Care Queensland members.
2017-2021 Strategic Focus Areas
- You Matter:
We will provide relevant up to date information about palliative care to the individuals with a life-limiting condition and their carers
- Your Community Matters:
We will build supportive networks around people at the end of life
- Your Care Matters:
We will support Queensland services who are delivering end of life care to provide coordinated quality care and have staff who are well prepared to provide quality care
- Your Government Systems and Policies Matter:
We will be recognised as the pre-eminent voice of the end of life sector in Queensland and advocate on behalf of all stakeholders
- Your PCQ Matters:
We will ensure our association has long-term sustainability to give you the confidence that our work will continue
For further information about Palliative Care Queensland’s strategy, please refer to the
Palliative Care Queensland – Strategic Plan 2017 – 2021