Palliative Care Queensland's mission is to aim to ensure that every person who dies in Queensland experiences quality at the end of life.
Our association was relaunched PCQ in 2017, click on the image below to watch a video explaining our relaunch
Our Mission: "Quality care at the end of life for all."
To influence, foster and promote quality of care for all.
PCQ's principal roles:
- To improve awareness and understanding of palliative care in the general community;
- To influence the development of public policy in relation to death, dying and end of life;
- To support the professionals and volunteers who provide palliative care;
- To provide health professional education;
- To develop and distribute palliative care educational resources;
- To provide information, support and advocacy to people affected by terminal illnesses, and
- To provide support and professional representation to Palliative Care Queensland members.
2017-2021 Strategic Focus Areas
- You Matter:
We will provide relevant up to date information about palliative care to the individuals with a life-limiting condition and their carers
- Your Community Matters:
We will build supportive networks around people at the end of life
- Your Care Matters:
We will support Queensland services who are delivering end of life care to provide coordinated quality care and have staff who are well prepared to provide quality care
- Your Government Systems and Policies Matter:
We will be recognised as the pre-eminent voice of the end of life sector in Queensland and advocate on behalf of all stakeholders
- Your PCQ Matters:
We will ensure our association has long-term sustainability to give you the confidence that our work will continue
For further information about Palliative Care Queensland’s strategy, please refer to the
Palliative Care Queensland – Strategic Plan 2017 – 2021