Palliative Care Queensland has championed a number of significant advocacy issues for clinician groups, stakeholder networks and other groups who have requested the support of the state's peak advocacy body. Some of the successful initiatives championed by the Association include:
- Increases in exceptional funding to non-government palliative care providers
- Recruitment of two palliative care medical specialists for the Cairns region
- Postponed closure of 10 specialist palliative care beds at Canossa Private Hospital
- Queensland Health’s creation of a draft Statewide Strategy for Palliative Care
- Postponed transition of DOHA's EPHAC software program (used by small private palliative care hospitals)
Palliative Care Queensland has also created a number of key advocacy networks to assist the Association to achieve its strategic objectives, including the Palliative Care Working Group of the Statewide General Medical Clinical Network and the End of Life Alliance.