Our Mission & Role
Palliative Care Queensland's mission is to aim to ensure that every person who dies in Queensland experiences quality at the end of life.
Our Mission: "Quality care at the end of life for all."
PCQ's principal roles are as follows:
- To improve awareness and understanding of palliative care in the general community;
- To influence the development of public policy in relation to palliative care;
- To support the professionals and volunteers who provide palliative care;
- To provide health professional education;
- To provide information about palliative care educational resources;
- To provide online information, support and advocacy to people affected by terminal illnesses, and
- To provide support and professional representation to Palliative Care Queensland members.
For further information about Palliative Care Queensland’s strategic goals, please refer to the Palliative Care Queensland – Strategic Plan 2015 – 2018